Annually, KNSC takes in $12,000 from memberships and day passes. Normal operational expenses are $6,300. We set aside $4,000 for scheduled tow machine replacement, $1,100 for grooming implements, plus $1,000 for bridge maintenance. We commit $6,000 towards the labor of our grooming staff. This leaves us with a $6,400 shortfall, which is made up with fundraising events, grants, and donations.
Who should donate?
- Trail users. Keweenaw Nordic and the City of Hancock work continuously to keep these trails open for the public. Do your part and donate. Whether you ski, snowshoe, snowbike, hike, bike, run, fish, bird watch, dog walk, or sun bathe on the trails, your support is paramount.
- Parents of trail users. Keweenaw Nordic is committed to supporting youth skiing. We host the annual Barnelopet kids ski race each February, and operate the “learn to ski” program at Hancock’s Barkell Elementary School. We want kids to grow up embracing winter, and developing a love for silent sports. Do you? You can support these programs with a donation.
- Dog owners. Keweenaw Nordic provides the area’s only 100% dog-friendly trail system. If you appreciate and benefit from this, then you should donate.
- Concerned citizens of our community. Keweenaw Nordic and the City of Hancock provide stewardship of the vast Maasto Hiihto and Churning Rapids systems. This unique recreation offering is one of the city’s treasured features. If you believe it is important to have public access to green space close to home, you should support the trails with a donation.
- KNSC Annual General Membership MeetingApril 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Beer and munchies to help the meeting be festive. Snacks will be provided; BYOB. Meeting at 7:30, Four Seasons Chalet, Hancock
Support the trails by serving on the Board!
- Bridgefest ParadeJune 16, 2017 5:30 pm